Only applications submitted online using this form will be accepted.
We recommend using the word version of the entry form to put together your entry, and then copy this over to the online form. If you are making applications on behalf of more than one team, please note you can only submit one online form at a time, so we recommend all teams complete a word version first to avoid losing any work.
The deadline for applications is Friday 12 February 2021 by 5pm GMT.
Challenge Statement - How can you use technology to create an app, product or service that will make the world around you a better place, enabling people to Live Better, Live Longer, Live Greener and Live Together?
Entry form Checklist:
Before you submit an entry
- Have you read the judging criteria? (Remember at the entry stage we are just looking for an idea with potential)
- Have you read through the eligibility criteria?
- Have you read the terms and conditions?
- Have you looked through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
Filing out the entry form:
All you need to apply is an idea!
- We have developed activities to help you come up with an idea, you can find these on our website.
- If you come up with more than one idea, that’s great! You can submit as many ideas as you would like.
What are we looking for?
- All entries will be judged using the judging criteria.
- At this stage, we are looking for ideas that have potential. This means that you don’t need to know everything about how your idea will work - we will help you figure this out during the Prize.
- The entry form is designed to provide us with an overview of your idea. Please make use of the word count available to provide as many details as possible.
Filling out the form:
- You can save a draft of the form at any time and come back to your application later.
- We recommend you complete your answers in the word document provided and then enter them into the form to avoid losing your work.
- There are 3 sections in the entry form, some sections should be filled out by the TEAM CHAMPION (the adult responsible for the team), and other sections can be filled out AS A TEAM.
Your Details: TEAM CHAMPION
Your Idea: AS A TEAM
Programme Evaluation: TEAM CHAMPION
- The name and email address you entered to log in will be used as the lead contact details for your application.
- If you are submitting more than one entry:
- You will need to submit one form at a time to make sure you are not over-writing a submission.
- To help you do this we recommend you fill out the word versions first and then copy the text into the submittable version.
- We will differentiate between different applications submitted by the same Team Champion by the Team Name and Idea Name so please make sure these are clear.
- Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. If not, please check your spam folder, or contact us to make sure we got your entry.
If you have any further questions or queries relating to the Longitude Explorer Prize that have not been answered in the FAQs and Terms and Conditions, please email Explorer@nesta.org.uk.