Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Democracy Pioneers Award.
Democracy Pioneers is a £100,000 award for up to 10 innovations experimenting with ways to re-energise and reshape the future of civic participation and everyday democracy in the UK.
We are looking for civic participation and democracy innovations that demonstrate:
- An impactful approach, not yet adopted as mainstream but with an established track record;
- A clear articulated vision for how our future civic participation and everyday democracy can be re-energised and reshaped to be:
- Better informed
- More inclusive and participatory
- More open, accessible and transparent
- Smarter and more creative or;
- More trusted and accountable
- High potential and clear aspirations to have a bigger impact in the coming years
- Clear commitment to be part of a wider community seeking to establish a movement for bigger civic participation and democratic shifts.
We recommend that you take the time to develop your application and read our call for ideas (including FAQs and T&Cs) before applying.
Part A and Part B of the application require you to fill out basic information and should take 5 to 10 minutes. Part C contains five questions that require a more detailed description of your work.
You can save your responses for review before submitting the form. Please note, once you submit the form you can not change or edit your answers.
The deadline for submitting this application is Friday 31st January 2020, at 12 noon.