Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Democracy Pioneers Award.
Democracy Pioneers is a £100,000 award for up to 10 innovations that are reshaping democracy and civic participation in the UK.
We are looking for democracy and civic participation innovations that demonstrate:
- A new and impactful approach, not yet adopted as mainstream;
- A clear articulated vision, and track record of how democracy and civic participation can be reshaped to be broader, deeper and more effective through approaches that enable people, communities, governments and institutions to be:
- Better informed
- More engaged
- More participatory
- More open and interactive
- Smarter and more creative
- Experience increased trust and greater accountability
- High potential and clear aspirations to have a bigger impact in the coming years
- Clear commitment to be part of a wider community seeking to establish a movement for bigger democratic and civic participation shifts.
We recommend that you take the time to develop your application and read our call for ideas (including FAQs and T&Cs) before applying.
Part A and Part B of the application require you to fill out basic information and should take 5 to 10 minutes. Part C contains five questions that require a more detailed description of your work.
You can download your responses for review before submitting the form. Please note, once you submit the form you can not change or edit your answers.
The deadline for submitting this application is Friday 31st January 2020, at 12 noon.
Welcome to the online entry form for the CareerTech Challenge Prize, a part of the CareerTech Challenge. The CareerTech Challenge consists of both a Prize and a Fund - this form is to enter the Prize. If you wish to apply to the Fund, information is available on the Nesta website.
Prize entries must be submitted via the Submittable platform by 14:00 GMT, Wednesday 29 January 2020.
Entries must respond to the prize statement, and will be evaluated against our Judging Criteria. We expect to be able to notify you of the outcome of your entry in April 2020.
Please respond directly to the questions in the form, providing concrete examples and/or evidence to support your entry where possible. Entries should be completed in English, and we ask that you avoid unnecessary jargon or unexplained acronyms. You must complete the entry form; partial or incomplete forms will not be eligible.
All the information about the Prize can be found in the Innovator Handbook and Frequently Asked Questions. Before submitting, ensure you have read these documents, and review the following checklist:
- Have you read and understood the prize statement and are you confident that your idea meets the aims of the Prize?
- Do you understand all the Judging Criteria and know what the judges will be looking for?
- Do you meet all the Eligibility Criteria?
- Have you read carefully through the Prize Terms and Conditions?
- Have you reviewed the entry form and the questions you will be expected to answer?
At the first stage, the application form is designed to provide us with an overview of your solution and the limited word count reflects this. Please respond directly to the questions and stick to the word limits. Use examples or evidence to back up your statements wherever possible.
All applications will be assessed against the judging criteria.
Please note that questions marked as ‘public’ will be the basis of the information we use to promote your application if you are selected as one of the 15 semi-finalists of the prize. All questions marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory.
You can save a draft at any time and come back to your application later. The name and email address you entered to log in will be used as the lead contact details for your application. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. If not, please check your spam folder.
If you have any further questions or queries relating to the Challenge Prize that have not been answered in the FAQs or T&Cs, please email email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 17:30 CET on 26th February 2020. The AAL Programme and its contractors cannot be held responsible for late applications caused by technical problems.